Benelli M2 Competition Ready Shotgun
- Loading port opened and polished, optimized for twins/quads loading methods
- Lightened and polished bolt body (standard bolt body is available as an option during)
- Extended and polished stainless steel shell carrier
- Shell latch tuned and polished for reduced resistance when loading
- Bolt modified to allow out-of-battery loading and ‘ghost’ loading
- Oversized Briley bolt handle
- Oversized Hayes bolt release button
- Nordic Components magazine tube, capacity of your choice
- RCI X-Rail magazine spring and follower
- Match Saver
- Hiviz Tricomp fiber optic front sight
- Tested for slug accuracy and re-zeroed if needed
January 2023, Accokeek, MD – For nearly two decades, the M2 Field shotgun has been hailed by experienced shooters and hunters as the unfailing workhorse of the Benelli semi-auto shotgun stable. Now, Benelli is billing the M2 Field as "workhorse rugged with thoroughbred speed." It is an apt description given that, for 2023, the M2 Field is updated to deliver even better performance and to do so, surprisingly, at a slightly lower price point.
To start, all M2 Field shotguns in 12- and 20-gauge benefit from an updated stock, forend, and receiver design. The forend and receiver take on a sleek profile, blending seamlessly together in a way that is both aesthetically pleasing and provides a longer grip surface on the forend so shooters of all sizes can maintain a more comfortable and optimized grip. The conventional round-style bolt release button has also been updated to a longer bar shape that is easier find and is quicker to manipulate when wearing gloves.
The equally new buttstock design offers an extended AirTouch surface behind the pistol grip to enhance traction when hands are wet or gloved. This stock also features Benelli's new Micro Cell recoil pad. This is a one-piece unit that works in conjunction with a corrosion-resistant recoil tube and stainless-steel spring housed inside the stock that significantly reduces felt recoil. Optional Micro Cell recoil pads are also available in varying widths to offer customized length-of-pull adjustment from the standard 14 3/8 inches (13 1/8 inches on the Compact models) to 13 7/8 or 14 3/4 inches.
Another new feature for the M2 Field shotguns is a revised bolt. The new design provides smooth, quiet operation with enhanced strength and efficiency for flawless cycling with any loads courtesy of Benelli's Inertia Driven System.
As expected, the M2 Field series continues to benefit from Benelli's standard Crio® treated barrels and choke tubes.